Minutes before the fire raged out of control at Future Ford last December, Manuel Luevanos was working as a smog tech on what seemed like just another day.
"I was working on a car, I was underneath the hood. And then all of the sudden I heard there was a fire. I got up. I could see the flames starting. And after that, it started going higher and higher," Luevanos said.
When he got outside, he couldn't believe his eyes.
"It was almost like Backdraft. It was like a Hollywood movie. It was crazy," he said.
Nearly four months later, business is back up and running.
But the massive dirt area just yards away where the shop once stood is a constant reminder, it could all change in an instant.
"On a daily basis they deal with dangerous chemicals, such as gasoline, which started this fire, flammable liquids," Deputy Fire Marshal Gary Sawhill, Clovis Fire Department, said.