Follow The Cowboy Code | Community Spirit
GENE AUTRY’S COWBOY CODE
- The cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man or take unfair advantage.
- He must never go back on his word or a trust confided in him.
- He must always tell the truth.
- He must be gentle with children, the elderly and small animals.
- He must not advocate or posses racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
- He must help people in distress.
- He must be a good worker.
- He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action and personal habits.
- He must respect women, parents and his nation’s laws.
- The cowboy is a patriot.
Gene Autry was known as America’s singing cowboy in the 1930’s. He had a huge following of young radio listeners who greatly respected him.